Here are some tips about mangos:
- There most popular variety of mango in the United States is the Ataulfo Mango
- Ataulfo Mangoes are also known as Honey Mangoes or Manila Mangoes, but they are in a mango class all their own. The reason is fantastic flavor and their string-less flesh.
- Choose yellow to orange, not light green, mangoes that give slightly with gentle pressure.
- The flesh of the Ataulfo Mango is bright yellow to orange when ripe, and it roughly has the shape of an S.
- Do not refrigerate.
- Eat out of hand, in salads, as chutney, juiced or blended - the uses go on and on.
- Originating from India, most of our mangoes now come from Mexico.
- The Ataulfo Mango has one of the thinnest seeds of any mango.
- Although generally smaller than other mango varieties, the meat portion is quite large for its size and the string-less interior melts in your mouth.